Saturday, June 7, 2014

My Passion

Journal 52, Week 23, had a prompt of "Passion." I thought back to when I was a child. I wanted to be a teacher. I would line up all my dolls in front of my chalkboard and "teach" them all the things that I did not know. Learning and teaching go together in my mind. You can't be a teacher if you are not passionate about learning. As an adult, I always found myself in a bad place if I wasn't learning something new, so when it was getting time to retire, I stocked up on books and materials so that I wouldn't have a moment to become anxious. My husband says he is proud of how easily I moved into retirement. The secret, and my passion, is to keep on learning, playing, trying new things, and sharing with others.
Background was a piece of tagboard that I prepped many moons ago. I have no idea what it is. Collage, tag, stamped and written words. Stabillo pencil shadows and white highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment