Saturday, March 21, 2015

Coming Into Focus

The Documented Life March Theme is Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making). This week the Art Challenge: As a Focal Point, and the Journal Prompt: Coming into Focus.

 I started with a page that was covered with Tim Holtz tissue and gesso. I added some Distress Inks. Then I grabbed some Gelli prints that I made with my new circular gelli plate. I cut out many circles and used two different punches to cut out the Gelli printed papers. The main flower, or focal point, is layered. I also played with some Payons, or water color crayons that I have had for probably 30 years LOL!
 
Sentiments are from Hero Arts and stamped with Ranger Archival Ink. The white stamping is also Hero Arts. The stamped edges and smaller stamps came from Oriental Trader, and the bright yellow centers are Silks that I added with my fingers. White gel pen adds accents and Pitt pens add shadows.
Shared with:


4 comments:

  1. I love the beautiful colors and designs on your amazing page! You are so creative!
    Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie! Nice to see you over at my journal page. Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. Oooh I just love the vibrant colour! Very pretty work!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete