Monday, February 16, 2015

All That Glitters Could Be Gold - Life Book Week 8

Week 8 of Life Book is "Treasure Seeking" with Mati Rose McDonough. My first thought was, "I can't do that! I have no gold leaf", blah, blah, blah. Nonsense . Who needs the materials shown in a lesson? I never have so why should today be any different. I started with the idea from the second sample by Mati Rose. I brayered on some green acrylics and then used an old credit card to scrape on the purples. Then I grabbed some gold Stickles and a gold Pearl Pen and started to play. I then did a bit of spray with Heidi Swap Color Shine in gold. I added some stamps, a bit of white, a bit of black, some Black Soot Distress Inks around the edges, and it was done. And, I love it. Can anyone guess what I used to make the black circles with?
Shared with:
Paint Party Friday

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully colorful piece this is. It is charming...like something an elf might draw. :D

    ReplyDelete