Sunday, July 5, 2015

Steam Train Ephemeral Memories

The Documented Life July Theme - Ephemera - July 4 - Art Challenge: Using Old Maps, Letters, Tickets & More - Journal Prompt:  Life...with a history
A beautiful trip on an old steam engine recently left me with some brochures and ticket stubs that I wanted to save. This prompt was perfect. I made a little holder for them (removable) with the train in the front and, the beautiful aspen trees for a background.
I used a page with leftover black gesso smears all over the page. I added some white gesso with a credit card and made scrapes through. I added swipes of blue with my fingers, dark green with my fingers (I don't like to wash brushes LOL!) and added leaves with a sea sponge. The train and upper emblem were added with gel medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment