Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Goddess from Avalon

This week's Life Book lesson, week 34, comes to us by Alena Hennessy and is called "Painting the Muse." Currently I am reading The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley and am enjoying it thoroughly. I have been having an image of The Goddess going through my mind as I read and I chose to paint her today.
I used acrylic paints for the background with a credit card and my fingers. I added texture with the moon using joint compound which I later covered with Texture Luxe Gold. (Note to self, always remember to put a layer of petroleum jelly around the edges of jars that will glue themselves together if you don't!) I used watercolor crayons, white and black Stabillo pencils, gold and silver Wink of Stella, and some gel pens in gold.



No comments:

Post a Comment