Online Card Classes, Summer of Creative Chemistry week 6 of class 102 inspired me to make this tag. I used the ombre technique with alcohol inks, but used Silver Mixative for the top, Slate for the middle, and Black for the bottom. Then I stamped, Cemetery from Stampendous, using Archival Ink. I added two strips of double sided tape and stamped "Smile". Both were embossed with Ranger Silver. I added some Black Soot paint to the top of the manilla tag and added some sparkly ribbon. I also added two small silver brads.
Saturday, July 23, 2016
Saturday, July 16, 2016
When you have three blogs going, sometimes it is difficult to know where to put things. I decided that this one belongs here even though I turned it into a card. This piece was inspired by the Summer of Creative Chemistry with Tim Holtz. This one is for challenge # 7, Alcohol Inks. I dropped inks, mixative, and blender solution on to my craft sheet and swiped some glossy card through. Then I stamped with Archival Ink. I added a brad and some gold string that I knotted in intervals. I put it on to a black card base that I edged in gold to unify the piece.
Sunday, July 10, 2016
Today's tag was made following the Summer of Creative Chemistry 102 revisit from Tim Holtz, an Online Classes offering. I used Distress Paints, picked up from my craft sheet, and applied through stencils. I sprayed with inks. Then I added some Distress Inks. Then some stamping. The edges were gone over with some Black Soot. I added more stamping, some white gel pen, and a few words from the Chit Chat set from Tim Holtz Idea-ology. Photo below shows the colors I used.
Sunday, July 3, 2016
Today's tag was made following the Summer of Creative Chemistry 102 revisit from Tim Holtz, an Online Classes offering. I used Distress Paints, picked up from my craft sheet, and kept spraying with water as it was drying. I did some over coloring with Distress Inks. I added some of Tim Holtz' fun stamps. The edges were gone over with some Black Soot. But the best part was making my own colored ribbon. I used seam binding and sprayed with many colors of Distress Stains to make a one of a kind ribbon.