Sunday, May 11, 2014

Journal 52 Week 19 Photograph

The prompt for this week's Journal 52 was Photograph. I wasn't too jazzed about this one and printed out, on photo paper, some flowers that I had taken a picture of in 2008. It came out all blurry, but it was still pretty. Not happy, I found myself drawn to a photo I had taken of some yarn that I had  dyed in that very same year. This photo was taking as it hung out in my backyard drying. (I made a drop stitch scarf and if you would like to see it, go to my Ravelry Link). I ran it on plain old computer paper and printed it to the right size so it would fill the whole page. Then, looking in my pile of ephemera, I found a birthday card that was recently sent to me from my best friend. I cut out the flower on the front and the sentiment and realized that I had cut through double paper. When I turned those over I saw words written by my friend that told me that this page would be about her. A little gel medium, some Color Box Copper on the edges of the flowers, a Pitt Pen in Sanguine for my journaling, and a leftover punched out flower paper that I used as a stencil using Craft Smart white. I did add a cut out from the photo of my own flowers and it is in the center, but it lost all of its color so I went over it with Copics and then topped it with one of the white stenciled flowers.

Thanks for stopping by. If you're looking for previous weeks, use the link on the right side. As always, I look forward to your comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment