Saturday, January 11, 2020

Magic

First page for 2010, Wanderlust, Everything Art. Not first prompt, but first page as this one really called to me. It was suggested that we do a portrait based on our heritage which really got me thinking and hunting on the Internet. I am primarily Hungarian and always though of myself as an "old" soul with deep roots. In reading, I found that the term "gypsy" is considered derogatory by some. Sad, as it evokes such delightful thoughts in my mind.
I found using real fabric a delight. I had some from a tip I had made with wonderful memories of times with a good friend that I used for her "babushka" and the stream on the facing page. The coins were cut from embossed gold paper, the tarot cards were free on the Internet for personal use.


Thanks, Dana Bloede, for such a great lesson!

And, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment