Sunday, September 16, 2018

Happy Hauntings

It's been forever since I've completed a journal spread. I certainly have started many, but this was a two day marathon. I got the idea that I wanted to do an image transfer and some printing on tracing paper. With my Oddball Art Co, by Lizzy Love images, I was able to do just that.

This is how the transfer started:
In progress
After removing paper.
















Here are close-ups of the two pages:
Left side
Right Side
















The mummy was colored with Copic Gray markers and fussy cut to glue to the page. The trees, also from Oddball Art, were printed on to tracing paper. That worked better that I could have imagined. The background color was from Distress Oxide Inks, the images were watercolored after dry with regular Distress Inks. I used a few stamps from Hampton Arts as accent pieces.

A bit of a better explanation:
I looked up several of them, got confused, and did them all at the same time, LOL! I did the full colored background first, resized/flipped and ran the image with my laser printer. I added some gel medium to the page and set the image on top, and smoothed the best I could. Then, after it dried, I added some gel medium over the top, then added another layer when that was dry. I waited overnight to be sure it was totally dry to add water on top. It didn't budge and I was feeling that I had ruined it. However, adding water many times and letting it soak, I found that if I used my fingernail, I could get it started. It is just a bit time consuming, LOL!

I've seldom had anyone visit my journal page, so if you have, please leave me a little note so I will know if I should "re-awaken" this blog. My main blog is TangleStreetColorway where I mainly do coloring for cardmaking. Feel free to pop over there as well.

14 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! These are just fabulous! I am loving the subtle colors so the artwork stands out!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, this was the most fun I've had in my craft room in a long time. I always love doing journal pages, but most of the coloring I do lends itself to cards. Nice to take a break and so some "slopping" again :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. saw this on the forum and LOVE it! Will definitely try it on my journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I really appreciate that you took the time to pop over and leave a comment. Thank you so much. Just be patient when you try to remove the layer as it takes some time to soften enough to work with. I looked at several videos before I did it and kind of combined several methods.

      Delete
  3. So sweet and spooky! I just love it! TFS your process with us Jean, I really enjoyed reading about how you put this together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy, I just love your images and hope to do more journal pages using them in the future! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. WOW, Jean! This is super cool! Art journaling is another thing I almost never do. I think I managed a transfer once, (on a bottle, if I recall) but don't remember exactly how. Love, love, LOVE how your pages turned out. Glad I saw this on the Oddball Forum. xxD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So exciting to get comments on my journaling blog, Donna! I think one of the reasons I stopped posting my journal pages is because no one ever visited. And, we all do love that pat on the head. Thanks for giving me one, Donna :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Just a tad different than usual, huh? Thanks so much, Angela, for popping over and leaving a comment. So appreciate it!

      Delete
  6. Love it and I really enjoyed reading your process. Will try out this technique someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love being able to add all of those digital images to your journal pages this way, Vivian. You really should try it :) Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Love it and I love the Oddball images :)

    regards
    Tiggerchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tiggerchen, for your kind comment. I love all of the Oddball images. So creative!

      Delete