Saturday, March 16, 2019

Follow Your Heart Journal

Sandra Caldwell, BabyCakesDND, asked us to join her in an art journal journey using her images on ATC's on the pages. I recently got some new tag dies from Stamplorations and have been itching to turn them into a journal using the disk style of closure. So, I was ready to jump in!

First, is the cover using Gina K paper, Technique Tuesday's Bird Friends, a gel pen and some PrismaColor colored pencils.

For one of the inside pages, I cut the tag from a heavy cardstock and then used Distress Oxides to blend a background. I used a Tim Holtz Stamper Anonymous stencil with some Nuvo glimmer paste that I had mixed with some liquid Distress Ink. The image is For You Thanks #15, one of my favorites! I colored it with Copics and added a tiny ladybug brad for fun. The "bow" was created using Altenew's Bells and Bows. Chipboard words are from Tim Holtz. And, the purple thread is some of my handspun yarn waiting to be plied!
I will be adding more to this journal as I find journaling very freeing compared to cardmaking, so very enjoyable!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment