Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Allow

Everything Art for Kasia's Advent Calendar for December 3rd is Allow!

This troubled me for a bit as I have reached an age where I have "allowed" most of the things that may have been issues when I was young. The things that I probably should allow, I know I never will so why give myself permission to do things that I'll not follow through on. (For example, I allow myself to let my house get out of control! Ha, it may happen, but not because I allowed it!)

So, I thought long and hard about what seems to be an issue that I try to ignore. And, that is guilt over spending on myself. Each time I buy another craft item, the guilt hits. I go to the usual justifications. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't gamble, I don't get my nails done. I cut my own hair, I clean my own house, I do all the yardwork. But, do I need to justify it at all? I'm financially responsible, have saved enough for that nursing home in the future, have paid my bills on time since day one. I need to stop feeling guilty for doing for myself. Agreed?

I also "allowed" myself to add purple to my color mix. Why not, I'm allowed, LOL! The  letters are foam ones that I have had in my stash for years and years. The butterfly is a foam stamp that I found on clearance yesterday, and yes, felt guilty at spending money on something truly not needed :) 

Thanks for the visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment